The Avondale Sun, a newspaper published by Avondale Mills for its employees, ran from 1924-2006. Over its 82-year history, it published community and employee news, company information, and photographs.
G. Stephen Felker, chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Avondale Mills, Inc., donated the Avondale Sun newspaper collection to the B. B. Comer Memorial Library in 2006. The B. B. Comer Memorial Library digitized all available issues covering the period from 1924-2004, and in the summer of 2010 the Birmingham Public Library (BPL) and the B. B. Comer Memorial Library reached an agreement for BPL to catalog and host the digitized images.
This newspaper is a valuable resource for all of Alabama. Enjoy!